Our policy for uniform is based on the belief that uniform:
• Promotes a sense of pride in the school and has a positive impact on behaviour and attitudes.
• Develops a sense of community and belonging towards the school.
• Identifies children with our academy when taking part in out of school educational activities and visits.
• Is practical and looks smart
• Makes children feel equal to others in terms of appearance
School uniform can be ordered online from Tesco Direct.
We also have a limited amount of some items for sale at school.
|Sweatshirt||Burgundy round neck with school crest|
|Cardigan||Burgundy with school crest|
|Polo shirt||Gold with school crest|
|Shorts||Grey or Black (Summer)|
|Trousers||Grey or Black|
|Skirts or Pinafore dress||Grey or Black|
|Tights/socks||Grey or white|
|Summer sun caps||Yellow|
|PE top||White t-shirt with school crest|
PLEASE ENSURE THAT ALL CLOTHING IS NAMED. SCHOOL CANNOT TAKE RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY MISSING ITEMS OF CLOTHING.
Burgundy bookbags with the school crest and yellow PE bags can be purchased from the school office.
The wearing of jewellery is not suitable for school and should not be worn. Where children have had their ears pierced, please use only stud ear-rings to avoid injury in P.E. or at playtime. (Cornwall Council Ruling)
From time to time all schools seem to have the recurring problem of head-lice. Children with long hair must have it suitably drawn back. Long flowing hair falling over eyes is not good for children’s sight and it is not conducive to neat work. Please ensure hair is neat and clean, some new hair-cuts may be fashionable, but can sometimes cause unnecessary ridicule in the playground.
Due to the age of the children in our school we feel it is inappropriate for them to wear make up.